If you have landed that prime position that means a move from NYC down to sunny California, there’s a lot to organize. Moving to another suburb is one thing, but a long-haul relocation to the other side of the country is something else altogether, and you need the professionals in your corner. There are specialist removal outfits that can handle fine art, grand pianos and other expensive items, plus they have several depots around the country, which makes things that much easier. We call them specialists because they have trained staff that know just what these fragile items mean to you and will handle them with uttermost care. You can find these specialists here –https://www.shiply.com/us/fragile-item-shipping .
Here are a few aspects of an interstate relocation to take into account.
- Sourcing a Removals Contractor – Obviously, you know where you are moving to, and this would be your focus when looking for an interstate removals company, looking for a company that covers that route and many people move interstate with Movers 101, as they have the resources and experience to handle long-haul relocation. Ideally, the company would have a base near your destination, where your possessions can be securely stored until you get the keys of your new home.
- Containers – The use of 20ft and 40ft containers is the best way to go about an interstate move and this would be the preferred method used by the carrier, as containers can be transported by road, rail, sea and air. The empty container would be delivered and whether you are packing or the professionals, once the container is packed and secured, the company would take it to their depot, ready for the final section of the relocation.
- Insurance – When you think about all of your prized possessions that you have collected over the years, it is essential that you have comprehensive insurance. Taking your entire home contents from NYC to Los Angeles is no easy thing and the removal contractor would have full insurance that covers every eventuality. Moving delicate and heavy furniture is fraught with risk and it only takes a slight bump to damage a fragile piece of art, and even with the best team of removalists, accidents can happen. Let’s not forget property taxes, which we all have to pay.
- Secure Storage – Unless you’re planning to move in a single journey, you will need secure storage until the new home is ready for occupation. An established removals company would have manned security 24/7, plus you have access to your things at any time.
- Preparing the New Home – Due to the distance involved, you should do what you can online; liaise with the utility company, video call the real estate agent and you can even hire a house cleaning team to give the house a thorough clean the day before the move happens. If you confirm everything and have the essential numbers stored in your smartphone, you should be able to organise everything without having to travel. If you are going to fly down, then make sure you fit everything into that one visit. Click here for US Government information on the current status of Covid-19, which we recommend you read.
If you hire the right removalist, interstate moves are stress-free, as you let the professionals handle everything while you relax.