Finding the right tenant, managing various aspects like background checks, handling complaints and maintenance, and collecting rent – These tasks are often cumbersome for landlords and property owners. If you own multiple rental properties in Pasadena, you should consider looking for the right team of property managers for the job. There are some amazing Pasadena property management companies, and in this post, we are sharing the basics, so that you can pick the right one.
- Compliance, licensing and insurance. One of the first things that must be checked is whether the property management service is licensed, and they must be compliant to the laws applicable. Next, check if the concerned company has insurance, and they should be willing to share the details.
- References. If you really want to compare property management companies in general, you have to ask for references. Make sure that you look for a reliable and known company with independent reviews on Google, and call a few of the given references to know more.
- Ability to deliver. Every property must be managed in a specific way to ensure profits. You have to ensure that your property management team has the capability to deliver on your investment goals. Ask them about the type of properties they usually manage, if they will handle all the legal aspects, like eviction of tenants, and whether they have a clear system for managing emergencies and maintenance-related aspects.
- Marketing. Find if the property management company relies on specific channels and networks to promote rental properties. This is particularly important when you have many properties and don’t want to wait for long to find a tenant.
- Dealing with tenants. Background checks of tenants and ensuring that a tenant doesn’t cause problems when it comes to eviction are key asks that a company dealing property management is expected to handle. Ask them how they screen tenants and if they have a database for the same.
Things to know
Not all property management services in CA, especially the Pasadena area are the same, and it makes sense that you sit down with the team and explain what you expect in terms of rental income, type of tenant you want, and other dos and don’ts, if any. Don’t shy away from asking about their work profile, what they specialize in, and if they are going to assign a manager to address all your concerns.